do they make 5/8" extension ring for an outlet box?

I want to laminate 5/8" sheetrock over the existing plaster wall where there are a few outlets.in metal boxes. Obviously now the outlets will be recessed in the walls after the work is done. Do they make a 5/8" extension ring? Or do I even need an extension ring?
On Mon, 23 May 2011 05:49:13 -0700 (PDT), Mikepier

They make a ring that just slips inside the box for things like this. You end up using longer screws and the ring is a sleeve that covers the gap between the surface and the box.

*Arlington make these box extenders: http://www.arlcatalog.com/Miscellaneous/Box%20Extenders.htm There are also metal types available from electrical supply companies.
You are required to have the box extend out.
On Mon, 23 May 2011 12:41:10 -0400, "John Grabowski"

Thanks John, that was what I was poorly trying to describe.
Thanks for the link. Thats exactly what I'm looking for. I see they are made of plastic. I wonder if I can still use them with metal boxes. This is in a condo where everything is BX. Would Lowes or HD have these box extenders?.

They're made in metal too, but you're better off with plastic, no concern about shorting out. Regardless of what the extenders are made of, you will have to run equipment grounding conductors from the box to the receptacle.
I did find Raco metal extenders at HD. I wanted metal because this is a condo bldg I'm working in and code calls for bx and metal boxes, so I just wanted to play it safe. They came with 2 long screws which is nice. Thanks for everyones help.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote the following:

Depot.
--

Bill