dishwasher problem

Got a Kenmore dishwasher that quit on me. Seems the timer does not move on its own anymore. Is this difficult to replace? Need any "special" tools or anything?
Thanks, Sarge

Suggest call Sears.
--

SVL

Way out of warranty so for what Sears would charge to come out, I could buy a new one. The part is only $53.00.

I meant call service and try asking how difficult it might be...
--

SVL

Ohhhhh! Hey, good idea.. I suppose someone down there might give me some info. Sorry, I totally misunderstood you.

Hi,
Kenmore is made by several different companies..model#? http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.

If the timer is not moving at all, confirm the timer is receiving 110-120 volts AC to the timer motor....if yes and no movement = new timer or get your old timer rebuilt time.

Not normally overly difficult at all ( power off first ) and no special tools normally required :)
Hi Jeff, Model # is 363.1404896 and timer # is WD21X0776. Power is getting to the timer. Thanks for the reply.

Hi,
A GE built Kenmore d/w.
http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/cgi-bin/promote-detail.cgi?affiliate_id=AppAid&item=WD21X776&brand=GEH Timer commonly used in GE brands dishwashers.
Timer knob will pull straight off, remove inner door liner ( all screws around the outer edge ) to access the timer. It should have 2-3 screws holding it in place and there will be a cam gear on the old timer that will have to be taken off and reinstalled on the new timer, the cam gear just pulls off and pushes back on.
Thanks a bunch, Jeff !!

Aid&item=WD21X776&brand=GEH

Your welcome!! :)