Dishwasher Preferrence

== Understood--But, wouldn't there be some cost in changing the specs? ==

Reply to
Gini

No, because (according to my college economics text, anyway) they catch them at a slow time of the year and give them an order that will keep their employees busy, and it actually ends up costing them less because it's a limited run order.

Reply to
Melinda Meahan - take out TRAS

That's not exactly how it works with Sears. They come in an offer to buy a *substantial* quantity of product from you. To get the order, you have to build to their specs. So, it's not a "slow time build" issue, it's a "sell volume" issue. Don't forget, Bosch does not have a production line for every model of dishwasher they build. They use the same line to build multiple models. If Sears does have unique specs then it's just a typical "model switch" on the line and you build to their specs that day.

Reply to
Jimmy

BTW. The person which relayed that particular account to me said that Sears was even using the Bosch in store display which touted the 14" plate capability.

It depends on what changes are being made. Some are just cosmetic in which case putting in a different style drawer, adding another shelf and/or sticking on (or removing) a trim may be all that's done. Just enough that the model can be claimed to be different. I don't think there's any *major* design changes made usually.

JMO

Dan O.

Reply to
Dan O.

== FWIW-- The top rack in my Sears purchased Bosch does adjust and is completely removeable. (But, I have never measured the space between the racks.) ==

Reply to
Gini

I thru away my Asko after 5 years when it broke for the 4th time. According to Consumer Reports it has the worse repair record in the business. Deservedly so in my opinion.

Reply to
Art Begun

The low end Bosch Sears sells was rated well by Consumer Reports and though low end works well for my parents. Very quiet. They also sell one with an adjustable rack which my parents did not need.

Reply to
Art Begun

Consumer Reports is useless, they only seem to give a good rating to "trendy" items and items they are trying to direct you towards (for profit).

"worse repair record in the business" they say. but how many actual repair calls come in compared to less expensive models? probably 4 to 1 in favor of Asko!

They do NOT compare apples to apples, they compare apples to oranges.

Reply to
Petro

Don't know about specific models as I haven't shopped them in some time, but I have always had great luck with Kitchenaid dishwashers. Personally, I wouldn't buy another brand.

Bill

Reply to
Bill