Dishwasher Preferrence

Page 1 of 3
If you had to go buy a new dishwasher tomorrow, what brand and model would it be and why would you buy THAT one?
TIA
Steve
That's an easy one for me to answer - I'd buy a Bosch.......the best one I could afford at the time. Stainless Steel interior, extremely quiet and reliable.......and Bosch has an excellent reputation for getting the dishes clean *every* time. If you do some research w/consumer satisfaction as well as test results from Consumer Reports or another such facility, I think you'll find they score very high marks compared to the other brands. Btw, Lowes has started to carry the Bosch line of dishwashers - by special order only I believe.
Hope that helps, Nicole

Daughter has a Miele, also European, and it sounds much like the Bosh. She loves it. Effiicent and very quiet.
We have a 7 year old GE, which has problems with the tracks and wheels on the baskets.
TB
I had a Bosch and would/have recommended it for being quiet and washing well.
Currently I have a KitchenAid Superba It is very quiet and washes well SS interior and very flexible with the adjustable top shelf. I don't like how cluttered the front panel is I like a really clean look on the front. But the price is very reasonable for what you get!
Wayne

Third on the Bosch. But, if noise was not a consideration, I would probably have gone with something less expensive.
SteveB wrote:

the one i got been with us for 30+ years and she is great at it.. just give her a little squeeze and she keeps on moving, probably good for another 30 yrs.

would
=Yeah, but is she as quiet as a Bosch? ==
Recently bought a 3 level Maytag for myself and a Bosch for my parents. The Bosch is the cheap one well rated by Consumer Reports. The Maytag also got a good rating.
Bosch is quieter, uses a filter instead of grinder (some people don't like filters.... some do), has a stainless steel interior but I don't like the top rack at all.
Maytag holds a ton of dishes, a bit noisier, 3rd rack can come in handy, racks are a bit rickity, plastic interior.
Both are great machines and I told you what to look for in each but you will have to decide what is more important.
Too bad Maytag doesn't make a 3 rack machine with stainless steel interior, a bit quieter, filter with grinder, and sturdier racks. Would be perfect.
If I was old or had mobility problems, the Maytag would be more difficult to load since the 3rd rack is very low.

would

First figure out which features you really need/want. It also helps to know which features you don't need, as that can save you some money. I'd get CR's best buy brand/model as it's $400 or less. Having a quiet dishwasher would be nice, but not for $700.

would
"CR" ?

Sorry ............. CR .................. Consumer Reports ............................... DOH!
Holy Stemware, Batman! A $2499 dishwasher? (!) ...............................
;-)
No question about it, I would buy a Bosch.

A quiet Bosch is about $600 but the Maytag with 3 levels is probably quiet enuf for most people.

model
helps
What is all the flap about a stainless steel interior? We have owned dishwashers in 4 different houses for over 35 years and never had a problem with the interiors which were not stainless steel. As I recall, the dishwashers we have had were Admiral, Frigidaire, GE and Kitchenaid. Only ever had to replace one of them. It was a GE and I think it just died of old age. I fail to see the advantage of a stainless steel interior. Des
I have the next to the top of the line Bosch and I got it for $450 (contractors price). We didn't want the top model Bosch becacause of the buttons being on the top edge of the door. She wanted them on the front of the door. Consumer Reports rates the Bosch the top dish washer. It really doesn't cost that much more to go first class.

never
think
If you have hard water it is definitely an advantage since plastic stains more easily. Also plastic may pick up smells more. But for most people it is no big deal. I've had both and it is not a buying consideration for me because my water is not hard.

and never

I think

Mine is a white plastic interior with no problems after 13 years of heavy use. There might be an advantage to the seller--higher price and more profit. It certainly does not help get your dishes clean. However, I do have a SS sink, and like the appearance.

We had a Kitchenaid Superba (not stainless interior) start rusting out after 7 years. Ours is a 2 person household, and we are both careful, responsible people. My mother's dishwasher rusted out, too, but only after 18 years.
Rick
Was it porcelein? I don't think anyone uses that any more. Just plastic or stainless steel and neither can rust.
says...

and never

As I

and
and I think

too,
Id go for the 2 hands one they never break down