Dishwasher Mount to Granite?!?!?!?!?!?

We've pretty much got our cabinets in and have picked out a nice slab of granite for our countertop. Our old countertop was laminated wood and the dishwasher has two metal tabs at the top above the door and there were wood screws thru holes in these tabs fastened into the wood of the countertop. With the granite the only thing that will be above the dishwasher is the granite. These screws are not load bearing as they just seem to keep the dishwasher from walking around in the opening between the cabinets.
How do you fasten a dishwasher to the granite countertop?
I believe the practice is to take a strip of wood about 1/2" thick and glue that to the underside of the granite and then screw the dishwasher tabs into that wood strip.
I had a laminate top that the area where my old dishwasher screws went into had deteriorated so badly due to venting from the dishwasher that screws would no longer stay in the particle board.
I took a thin strip of wood and used some Gorilla glue to do the same thing as you would with a granite top.
The new dishwasher is screwed into that strip and everything is fine.
Gerry
On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 10:25:39 -0700 (PDT), infiniteMPG

Most new dishwashers have side mounting options.
On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 11:56:48 -0700 (PDT), Mikepier

Yep.. I reversed the door swing on my clothes dryer (before the service man said it couldn't be done). The hinge/latch location was duplicated on both sides of the door and mount areas, so I swapped them around.
Side mounts are the best choice for a DW and granite...
On mine, they just drilled 2 holes into the granite and screwed into that.
-dickm
On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 10:25:39 -0700 (PDT), infiniteMPG

How thick is your granite? Why risk potential damage to the granite, when a side mount(s) WILL work?
I don't see the need for drilling into the granite.
infiniteMPG wrote:

You don't as far as I know. In our case, the tabs were remountable to the sides of the unit and were then screwed into the side of the cabinet face rails. Wasn't a big deal and it was actually handled by the guys who installed the Granite.
Good luck.
m:

I used latex caulk to adhere the metal tabs to the underside of the granite. This has held for 8 years now.
Dee

Hey Dee, great suggestion. I didn't think of that and since it's really no load on the screws that would probably work best without damaging the granite. I might step up to something a little more industrial then latex caulk but the idea is perfect! Thanks!
Be careful - you may need to pull it out for repairs someday.