Dishwasher install

Hi, WARNING: I'm afraid this is a bit of a silly question, but here goes. I've got a property in which the previous owner took the built-in/under-the-counter dishwasher with them. The kitchen has tile floor, but on that section of the floor which the dishwasher covers, there was no tile laid -- it's just bare cement. A new dishwasher is going to be installed tomorrow. My Question: Is there any reason for me to tile this area before installing the new dishwasher?
Thanks!
no reason to tile. In fact, if you DO tile the dish washer may not fit anymore :-)
FE wrote:

No but you should have on hand a couple of pieces of wood the same thickness of the tile in case the leveling legs on the dishwasher are inadequately adjustable for your installation.

read the install instructions.
there's no reason it has to be tiled.

Hi,
*If* there is room under the d/w, try placing a piece of carpet there. This often helps to absorb some of the d/w noises that might echo with the cement. No need to tile normally :)
Carpet idea under dishwasher is a good one. Guess I'll try it next time I buy a dishwasher.

One problem I can see with that is that if the dishwasher ever got a small leak it may be absorbed by the carpet and never noticed. Leaving a wet carpet on the floor for an extended period of time could lead to rotting of the flooring (not to mention the possibility of mold, etc.).
A 'closed cell' dense foam material would probably be better under the dishwasher if you wanted to try to reduce sound levels.
JMO
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=+dishwasher
=~~~~~~

Hi,
This would worn you of a leak, but probably wouldn't help much with any noises....
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N21760 Save Your Floors Dishwasher Leak Catcher.

Dishwashers don't leak...do they ;) :D