Dishwasher draining too much

Hello! I've got a dishwasher (Frigidaire Powerwasher 2200) that likes to fill with water, then drain most of it. Before I noticed this, I noticed that no water was being pumped onto the dishes. So I had a guy come look at it. He thought pump might be stuck, so he poked at it, ran it, and it worked great. But now I notice that the real problem is that its not pumping water onto the dishes because it drains most of the water so theres nothing to pump. It only worked for him because it didnt have time to drain all of the water yet.
So is there anything I can do to remedy this, or do I get to call the guy again? What looks like the valve that keeps water from draining seems to be moving, so I'm guessing the valve might be shot. But I'm hoping for something easier that I can try first.
Thanks! Joe
Joe Bott wrote:

Hi, Sticky diverter valve, the one controls which way water goes after fill cycle? Maybe it is causing the water to drain instead of spraying the dishes. Tony

Hi,
Cute name...but not a model#!
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.

Drain hose too low or has no loop ( built in ), broken piece in the main pump assy are a couple of possible trouble makers. Do make sure the acual fills are ok, normally fills to just under the heating element.