Dish/Direct TV vs Cable

Page 3 of 3

I switched to DirecTV since it had become cheaper than cable. (price had gone up steadily since Comcast took over the local co-op) I love the fact that I now have a dual-tuner Tivo instead of a single-tuner standalone one. I like that I get Comedy Central on East Coast time, even though I'm on the West Coast. I don't like that I have to plug the Tivo into the phone (the standalone one I had before can use a network connection)
Is the $50 you mention the installation fee or the monthly cost? If it's the installation fee, shop around. You can get free installation for up to 4 rooms, at http://www.expertsatellite.com/ for example.
On 09 Dec 2004 03:18:27 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (FreespiritedFem) wrote:

I'm one that has has cable/DirecTV (now/Switching to Dish Network very soon.
All of the above offer local channels in my area.
Cable....higher priced/local support/internet (big plus)
DirecTV slighly priced higher than Dish, lower than Cable (DirectWay internet is crap if you do anything other than surf and is highly overpriced). I got DirecTV for the NFL Sunday Ticket, the only one that offers this if you are a football fan like myself. Also , when local channels were added, I have to add a additional Dish, so two dishes instead of one, check into this.
Dish Network....the cheapest of the bunch, no NFL Sunday Ticket, only one dish.
So depending on what choices you want these are your options.

Not necessarily. DirecTV can give you an oval dish with a triple LNB, allowing it to look at 3 satellites at the same time. My neighbor just got Dish Network, and for some reason they put 2 dishes on his roof, pointing in different directions.