DISCLOSURE LAWSUIT

Page 2 of 2

Have you been to misc.legal.moderated? Why not go look and report back.

So I guess we can assume you never gave any free advice.

Wait a second! You just gave 5 1/2 lines of free advice. Now I'm confused.

mm wrote:

You certainly are confused. It's actually 6 1/2 lines, and none of it is legal advice.

I didn't count the next to the last line, ">>I'm not shilling for any attorneys, just saying " because it was a disclaimer, not advice.

So you're back to the guy you claim all other lawyers are. Yet you seem not to have looked at the ng I suggested. Don't assume everyone is like you. (BTW, not everyone there who answers questions is a lawyer, but some are. Like any ng, different topics attract the attention of different people. There is also at least one other legal newsgroup, one that I read a decade ago but can't remember anything about, except it isn't moderated.)
BTW, your clock is at least two hours early.
Haviing sold a home less than 2 years ago PA disclosure wanted to know about EVERYTHING that had a problem, and then what was done to fix it, or its current condition.
made for a long list that probably scared off some buyers.
leave something off and if new buyer finds it get sued for repairs.
neighbor had bad sewer line didnt disclose, new oner had trouble, happened to call same plumber.
bam old owner paid 8 grand for new sewer line plus a couple grand for stuff ruined in basement.
people are sue happy these days
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

After 10 years of living in a house, there's a long list of repairs. How could you remmebrs them all. Things have tilted too far to protect the buyer. I've heard many stories about nightmare renters. Now I have one about a nightmare buyer.
GC
sadly this is how it is today, just add incompetent or less than honest home inspectors to the mix and buying or selling a home is a nightmare.......
some stuff just normally breaks over time. uyers want a brand new home at used home price........
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I recently learned here the extent of the disclosure form NJ adopted a couple years ago. Not only is it extensive, it's totally stupid. The questions and depth of understanding are consistent with an 8th grader doing it.
Typical questions are:
Has the roof ever been repaired?
Does the foundation have any cracks?
I can understand asking if you have repaired any roof leaks in the last 2 years, or if you are aware of any current leaks. But with this level of stupidity, they should now give you an aircraft type of maintenance log book to go with every house. Apparently, if you replaced a loose shingle 25 years ago, you're supposed to disclose it. And anyone ever see a foundation that didn't have some cracks?
Best advice to anyone selling a house today is to videotape as much as possible before closing to try to capture as much record as you can of what was visible.