Digital thermostat operation

Hi all,

This may have been covered before, but I found nothing in a search.

I had to replace an old thermostat last year (Taco), so I replaced it with a Honeywell FocusPro TH6110D. It is easy to program and operate. The unit was installed by my heating contractor.

Problem #1. contractor left all settings at factory settings. I noticed last year that the zone controlled by this thermostat were cold. Forgot about this in the spring and now that we're heating again, the problem is still here. I talked to Honeywell and changed the settings to match my system (changed to the correct heating cycles per hour). I have forced hot water (baseboard) and an oil fired boiler. A zone valve on each heating loop. 24V system.

Problem #2. Thermostat calls for heat only about every 1.5 to 2 hrs. Apparently the thermostat only responds to the temp change (2 degrees ; +/- 1F).

Question: Am I correct in assuming that the CPH setting is equivalent to the anticipator in the old thermostats?

How should this CPH setting work? Is the thermostat supposed to call for heat a number of times an hour in order to reduce the large temp swing?

I hate to call the contractor, only because of the cost per visit. They will give me some info over the phone.

Anybody dealt with this before?

Thanks for the help.

Barry J

Reply to
bejay

RBM

I may be misunderstanding you. Problem #2 - the stat calls for heat with a differential of 2 degrees. If the temperature doesn't change more than 2 degrees in two hours, why should it call for heat?

Reply to
RBM

Hi, Wow! after installing it, didn't even test it to make sure it is working OK? What kinda work is that?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Yea. I get the book out and set it myself to fit my needs.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Hey! That was an HVAC Professional (TM)! Have some respect! If a Professional did the job, it was done right! If the house was cold, they must have driven an automobile through an exterior wall, or someone stole all their windows.

Reply to
clifto