Digital Thermostat Click

Page 5 of 5

This is Turtle.
You have me on this one but i will check it out and see.
TURTLE

Home Depot sells 240V heavy-current digital stats for baseboard heaters now (Here in Canada anyways). I think they're over $100 though. The house I used to rent some years ago had 8 rooms in total, each with it's own thermostat.... Kinda cost prohibitive.
-- Charlie
I bought a Robert Shaw at Ace and it crapped out after a few years. Meanwhile a Lux and 3 Sears (not sure who makes the Sears) have lasted much longer. All had a slight click. The RobertShaw was about $125. The others were about half that.

This is Turtle.
first Art , Robert Shaw has nothing sold to the public worth $125.00 but maybe Ace thought it should be worth that. You can buy anything Robert Shaw will sell to the public from Ace or others for about $75.00 is the retail price of the best Ace can get from Robert Shaw. Robert Shaw sells a 5 day/ 2 day and a 7 day programiable thermostat for retail outlets like ace but the suggested retail on them is $75.00 + Tax. Now robert shaw does make some High end models like these for about $100.00 to $200.00 but robert Shaw will only sell to contractors and not the public. These require a little knownledge to put them in for they can be burnt up if your not careful there. they only sell the worm proof model to the public and the screwiable up models to contractor. They don't like to eat thermostats that are burnt up in the first day of service.
Secondly, If it clicks , It's not high end equipment , Period. Usely the $50.00 or less models all click $50.00 to $99.00 models will click but you got to listen to really hear it, and you hear no clicking at $100.00 or above on the Honeywell, White Rogers, or Robert Shaw.
Third, if you want a good high end thermostat , get you a Honeywell and get it over with.
Forth, Sears buys thermostat from the lowest bidder that year. It can be any brand on the market.
Fifth, Here is a list of the Good High end thermostats in the way of quality rating of mine.
Honeywell White Rogers . . Robert Shaw / Maple Chase -- their rating dropped when Maple chase bought them out. . . . . Lux / Lux Pro Jade . . . . . . . . . . . . Hunter
TURTLE
On 21 Dec 2003 03:21:37 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Dave Gallant) wrote:

Not all. I had one that did that (cant remember the name, something with an L) then I bought a Honeywell which is silent.
(Dave Gallant)

This is Turtle.
Read my reply to Art.
Now about the Hunter Clicking here. If a Hunter did not click , i would think it maybe something wrong. A hunter is going to click but maybe not as loud as what you say.
TURTLE