Diff between a $20 and $100 1500W space heater

I have a Holmes and a Duracraft, both came from Wal Mart for about $20+ each and have been going strong for 6 yrs now.

My advice is to get an all metal one with a thermostat and maybe a couple wattage settings. Plastic cased applicances scare me after a Patton brand heater had a bad electrical crimp connection. The connection failed and started the outer plastic case burning.
It was in my garage on the concrete floor so I don't know what would have happened had I not come out in the garage in time.
I have a portable "little red cube" 4000 watt heater that requires 240 volts. It cost around $115. and is built much better than the $40 consumer junk. It heats the place up quick but it is loud due to the air flow required.

Holmes or Duracraft. Both good products, inexpensive and last forever.
Mikepier wrote:

The difference is how ofter you want to buy one.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

Well, my parents still have 4 Duracrafts that I bought them in '97 for $20 a piece that still work fine to this day. (And one of them rotates)
On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 04:39:03 -0700 (PDT), Mikepier

1500 watts is 1500 watts however, the 1500 watts of heat can be distributed in a focused area or distributed widely.
Read about radiant, convection, and forced are convection to determine your specific needs.
http://www.funskins.com/product-reviews/best-space-heaters.html