Did you ever wonder ...

... why a sink trap will last for years and years in a wet environment, but if you 'winterize' a house and shut off the water; then the trap will rust out in just a couple of months in a dry environment.

No, I don't wonder, I know why.

Even thinking, gets me in trouble.

You mean people are still using metal?????? That corrodes. What next? Still using lead water pipes.
On 5/6/2008 12:24 AM terry spake thus:

Well, they still sell metal traps, waste pipes, etc., so somebody must like them.
To me, they look less cheap than plastic, even though I'm aware of the problems w/corrosion.
conversation with the average voter.

That is not true