Diamond disks

MY front entry has a white granite slab about 6 feet long and some one area I guess a vein of differnt color causes a black like streak. I thing I need a diamond disk for my drill. What would you suggest? Other grits have no effect on it.

what are you trying to do? if you want to cut it out, yes, a cheap diamond disk in a 4" side grinder will work or a 7" in your skilsaw. don't breath the dust, it's really bad for your lungs and you're only issued 1 pair.
On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 11:59:09 -0700, "charlie"

makes the step look dirty.

you're not going to smooth it out with a normal tool. you need a stone polisher, sorta like
http://www.toolocity.com/alpha-wet-stone-polisher.aspx
with a set of diamond pads for it. that will take it from a ground surface down to a mirror shine, depending upon where you're going to stop.
note that if it's a dark vein, it could go to some depth into the stone. it may not be on the surface only.