Dewalt drywall/decking screwdriver/gun

I use this for hanging drywall. But, recently started using it for other jobs involving gazillions of screws.
I've noticed that the "bit" seems to last a LOT longer than the "bags of replacement bits" from hardware/big box stores.
Better quality? Or, just the clutch disengaging before you (I) over-torque the screws?
On 3/1/2016 12:24 PM, Don Y wrote:

Many f the bulk bags of bits are cheap crap. There are higher quality bits available from places like Lee Valley.
On 3/1/2016 11:17 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

No doubt. I'm just thinking about how the drywallers worked... they seemed to treat the bits as popcorn -- disposable. Just drop them on the floor when they got a little wonky.
Makes me wonder why not invest in the better gun (with the better bit)?

Use the star (Torx) headed screws for "other stuff". Just use the phillips type for drywall. I've used torx bits for years, whereas phillips bits dont last long for longer screws, but for drywall they are not too bad.
We have a local lumber yard that sells colored bits. They cost twice as much as those el-cheapo hardware store bits, but they last a long time. Well worth the price. I dont think they sell these colored ones for phillips though, just for torx.
On Tuesday, March 1, 2016 at 3:42:47 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Some places sell colored Phillips bits. ;-)
http://www.harborfreight.com/10-piece-2-inch-color-coded-driver-bit-set-98902.html
On Tue, 1 Mar 2016 12:58:17 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

If they're from HF, I wont even consider them..... I can guarantee the colored ones I get a not HF crap....
On Tuesday, March 1, 2016 at 4:02:59 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

I posted that just for you. ;-)
On 3/1/2016 12:24 PM, Don Y wrote:

When I was doing heating, I used about two Stanley brand nut setter tips per job. Boss noticed and gave me a Malco tip, which lasted for many, many jobs.
Some driver tips are crap.
--
.
Christopher A. Young