Deoderizing a vacuum sweeper??

Is there anyway of deoderizing a disposable bag type vacuum sweeper? Even with a new bag on our Panasonic, when it's turned on it emits the smell of a kennel. Dog lays on rug, rug gets dog odor, odor goes with dust and dirt into sweeper. OK, how do I get the smell out?

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

Haven't tried these, but:

I use Arm and Hammer carpet deodorizer which you sprinkle on the floor and then vacuum up. My vacuum always smells good when I turn it on, but I don't have dogs, only cats.

Reply to
ZsaZsa

Spread a box of baking soda over the floor (where the dog lays) and vacuum it up. This will help control the odor. As long you have the dog, there will be an odor.

Reply to
Phisherman

Reply to
daryl1138

Put a SOFTNER SHEET ( kind used when drying clothes ) into the bag area.

It only MASKS the smell which can be quite bad even without a dog.

Reply to
Conase

Shampoo dog. Shampoo carpet. Buy dog a new mattress.

Reply to
norminn