defrost control board for heat pump

Well, I guess it's no surprise. The 'defrost timer' control board on my Goodman heatpump went bad. I got the P/N from the board and ordered a replacement. (ICM318C)
Of course, it doesn't match. The new board has a 30/60/90 minute defrost timer setting that the old board doesn't have. The P/N is identical to the old board.
So, what's with the board? The terminals on the new board match the old one except for this timer setting.
Thanks all
wf3h wrote:

Take a look at this site, it will explain it fairly well. You can figure out what setting you'll need.
http://toad.net/~jsmeenen/defrost.html
[8~{} Uncle Monster

Excellent site! thanks much

i notice the site recommends a 90 min. setting. any issues if I set it shorter than that?
wf3h wrote:

I think it would be OK because you live in Dallas. The longer settings are for heat-pumps who live up north where there is allot of snow.
I take it back......down here where I live anyone who lives north of I-10 is conceded as a Yankee. :-)
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician
On 9/11/2007 8:07 AM, Moe Jones wrote:

Actually it's/was 105. Goes through Conroe. Course the way they're abuildin' up there somebody might have moved it down to 1960. I10 huh? Didn't know it'd come down that far.
--
Ted
I wasn\'t born in Texas but
wf3h wrote:

Here in Alabamastan we have high humidity, sometimes in winter. If you live near a coast or area were you have a lot of fog you may have to decrease the interval for defrost. A good bet would be to ask the Goodman factory rep for your area, he/she/it would probably know.
[8~{} Uncle Monster

well, installed the board and no dice on the unit starting up. so it wasn't that! Thanks for your help
wf3h wrote:

Check with your local HVAC company and ask them what setting you need.
If your not sure of what setting you need then pay for a service call so you do not cause any damage to your system.
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

Thanks Moe...too bad you're not in Dallas!