defrost control board for heat pump

Well, I guess it's no surprise. The 'defrost timer' control board on my Goodman heatpump went bad. I got the P/N from the board and ordered a replacement. (ICM318C)

Of course, it doesn't match. The new board has a 30/60/90 minute defrost timer setting that the old board doesn't have. The P/N is identical to the old board.

So, what's with the board? The terminals on the new board match the old one except for this timer setting.

Thanks all

Reply to
wf3h

Take a look at this site, it will explain it fairly well. You can figure out what setting you'll need.

[8~{} Uncle Monster

Reply to
Uncle Monster

Check with your local HVAC company and ask them what setting you need.

If your not sure of what setting you need then pay for a service call so you do not cause any damage to your system.

Reply to
Moe Jones

Excellent site! thanks much

Reply to
wf3h

Thanks Moe...too bad you're not in Dallas!

Reply to
wf3h

i notice the site recommends a 90 min. setting. any issues if I set it shorter than that?

Reply to
wf3h

I think it would be OK because you live in Dallas. The longer settings are for heat-pumps who live up north where there is allot of snow.

I take it back......down here where I live anyone who lives north of I-10 is conceded as a Yankee. :-)

Reply to
Moe Jones

Here in Alabamastan we have high humidity, sometimes in winter. If you live near a coast or area were you have a lot of fog you may have to decrease the interval for defrost. A good bet would be to ask the Goodman factory rep for your area, he/she/it would probably know.

[8~{} Uncle Monster
Reply to
Uncle Monster

well, installed the board and no dice on the unit starting up. so it wasn't that! Thanks for your help

Reply to
wf3h

Actually it's/was 105. Goes through Conroe. Course the way they're abuildin' up there somebody might have moved it down to 1960. I10 huh? Didn't know it'd come down that far.

Reply to
xPosTech