Definition of a Plumber

A plumber is a farmer who grows and sells plums.

It's NOT a guy who fixes pipes. That guy is called a PIPER!

Reply to
get_the_tweezers

and a farmer that grows and sells corn, is a corner?

Reply to
Frank

And if you hit him in the face with some dough filled with apples, he becomes a Pied Piper.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

You mean a farmer who grows plumbs?

The chemical symbol for lead is Pb, which is short for " plumbum". A plumber works with plumbum.

You can Pb people to information, but you can't make them think.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Ergo a copper must also be a piper.

Reply to
harry

He knows crap runs downhill and payday is thursday.

Reply to
clare

"You sure do have a shitty job!"

"Yeah, but on Friday it all come out green."

Reply to
Oren

I thought that lead pipes cause drain bamage.

I thought a copper was a guy in blue uniform who hands out tickets. What's really a pisser is that those tickets never work to get into movie theaters. Many blondes have tried and never succeeded.

Reply to
get_the_tweezers

If your basement ceiling is too low, yes.

A *lot* of blondes have succeeded at getting into the movies. It generally involves couches, though.

Reply to
krw

When I married and we moved to the city, a university and married student housing, I had an immediate job as the housing complex's resident electrician. That was a great job- I set my own hours, did what needed doing and at 19, was essentially my own boss. Then. . . they found out I also could do plumbing. My plush job turned into the occasional. . . graduating to frequent. . . emergency call to fish "things" out of toilets. My reliable fish tape became a plumber's snake and the things I pulled out of the toilets cannot be described in mixed, or even sentient, company.

Plumbers usually are worth what they get in pay.

Reply to
Nonny

Ergo a copper must also be a piper.

if I guy growing plums makes him a plumBer, then a guy working with copper is a cooper, but I'm not sure what that makes a barrel-maker, however.

This is a fun thread.

Reply to
Joe

Barrister?