Deduct Meter

Where can I find a water Deduct Meter in Columbus, Ohio?

Thanks.

Reply to
fish

Not sure what you are after.

I can't imagine a residence ever using enough gallons to ever consider a deduct meter. I assume you are talking about running some dedicated water usage through the deduct meter to reduce the sewer portion of your bill. This becomes viable when you run large quantities of water through a cooling tower, some sprinkler systems, or other none sewer related uses. You would need to work out the usage, the piping required, the agreement to read 2 meters and bill accordingly, and the purchase of the meter itself from your local utility.

Reply to
DanG

Sorry the post was lacking details, but, you pretty well guessed what I was up to. I did find a meter supplier here in columbus, Westwater supplies on Silver Drive. I got the meter, the remote outside meter, the wire, and 2 spuds to cut it into the existing water line. Now i need a trip to the local Home Depot to purchase the copper tubing to carry this water to the outside spigots of my home.

You are right about the agreement to read the 2 meters, and will do all that >Not sure what you are after.

Reply to
fish

I'm thinking in Columbus they will only read a meter supplied by the water department. They will install the second meter, with all the proper permits for plumbing, etc. and I don't know that they will do it for just a standard outside spigot. Generally they expect an irrigation system or greenhouse environment where there is a significant amount of water going to landscaping and such, and not washing cars or other things where the water ends up in the storm sewers - another part of what makes up your water bill.

Reply to
Mark

Around here they use the sewer fee to punish people who piss away potable water on their yard. The way things are going I would be surprised if they even let you water the grass in large parts of the country soon.

Reply to
gfretwell