Day/Night Switch?

I just purchased a brand new outdoor light for my house. It is operated by a normal switch like most lights.. However, my Wife is always complaining that I don't remember to turn it off in the morning. So, to avoid future nagging (aside from remembering to turn it off), is there some sort of device which I can put in series with the light to detect night and day?
Thanks

Yes. Any hardware store should have them.
Bob

Sure, look around for an in-line photoelectric sensor.

A light with a sensor just like mine--got it at Home Depot. Keep the switch on and the light will go on at dusk and off in the morning. Switch off and no light at any time. MLD