Cypress Wood fence

We just got our board on board fence install and have a question. The wood has a rough feel not completly smoth. IS that normal and will it smooth out at all over time?
TIA, Felix

Yes
No

Cypress has a grain in sort of layers. Even sanded, it can have a little texture to it. No, it will not get better over time. Good wood for outdoors though. Ed

This is Turtle.
It don't get any smoother with time. The fence should out last you but you may check to see if it would get any smoother after 50 years or so.
TURTLE
Thanks for all the replies.
Next question: What is the best way to keep the fence as good as possible in the upcoming years? Should I waterproof it and if so how often? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again, Felix

This is Turtle.
Anyother wood you would use wood preservitives but Cypress I don't know for it just don't water rott at all. It does good to keep it wet all the time. Someone here may know or maybe Google it and see.
TURTLE
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome