Cutler Hammer Electrical Panel - Siemens Breaker

I tried my Siemens GFI QPF 40 amp breaker in my Cutler Hammer elecrical panel and it fit with no problems. Does this mean it's compatible. I noticed that when the electrician replaced my panel, he substituted a 15amp siemens into the panel and it worked.
Is it better to run a pony panel off my main panel for my hot tub. If the answer above is that the GFI breaker will work in my main panel, do I really need the pony panel.
Thanks
You must have a Cutler Hammer "BR" panel. There are a number of other brands of breaker that will fit in it.

Would that be a pygmy pony panel?
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

You got the answer in another post...yes you need the aux panel within sight of the hot tub. Period. Home Depot sells a sub panel made just for hot tubs, with the correct GFCI