Custom Countertop

I built a bar on the weekend and am going to need to make/buy a custom countertop for behind it.
It is L shaped and the sink side will be only 18 inches wide (to the wall). I heard a total custom top would be pretty expensive.
I'm thinking of gluing some arborite to a custom wood base.
Do you have a link to a "how to" thread for this?
I need to know how thick the base ply should be and some cutting, gluing, trimming instructions.
Thanks in advance.
Have you looked at the tech support link for the manufacturer of that very product http://www.arborite.com/en/technical.asp
Check the substrates and adhesives link.
Personally I think a marble/granite etc. tile counter using 18"x18" tiles would be nicer than a laminate.
for more how to try yahoogling "installing plastic laminate" or buy a kitchen remodeling book at a store.
"pictures are worth thousands of my words"