Crusher on Refer Icemaker stopped working

The crusher option on my refrigerator's icemaker has stopped working although cubes come out fine. It is a 2 year old Kenmore made by Amana. Any suggestions?
Thanks

I'd just use cubes. My wife would bitch about it not working though.
Dave Combs wrote:

The crushed/cubed option is **generally** selected by a solenoid in the back of the freezer which engages a rod in the back of the ice bucket.
Can you post a model number (should start 596.), then we can see what you have.
Mad Mac wrote:

working
Amana.
the
bucket.
Hi and Happy New Years,
This may help....
http://www.applianceaid.com/pictools/001.JPG
There should be a solenoid behind the ice bucket ( see picture above ) that moves an metal arm on the ice bucket to move the crush teeth away for cubes or keeps the crush teeth in place for crushed cubes. The arm or solenoid may be frozen in place or stuck?!? jeff. Appliance Repair Aid http://www.applianceaid.com /
Thanks

"The arm or solenoid may be frozen in place ..."
I have found ice in the area displayed in the linked diagram when fixing ice-maker problems on my refrigerator. My remedy was to move the contents to an ice chest and thoroughly defrost the freezer compartment using a fan to blow air into the open door. Takes about an hour. Be prepared to mop up thawed water. SJF
Refrigerator Model 253-51692104 Ice Maker Kit GSI-26
Thanks