Crooked Dishwasher Door

Somehow the door to my dishwasher has gotten out of center. It can still be closed, but has to be pushed. I can see where the top right hand corner is rubbing, but I'm not sure how to straighten the door. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
Yates AT wrote:

Hinge springs? Tony
Hi,
This is usually a levelling/foot adjustment issue. Depending on flooring or underlayment type, sometimes a dishwasher foot, or feet, will 'settle' down on one side and twist the tank. Especially common since the advent of plastic tanks (which has, surprisingly, been a good thing btw), which will flex more, of course, than older steel tanks/frames.
One solution may be to remove the two screws that retain the DW to the underside of the countertop and pull the machine out slightly and re-mount, allowing the door to close without the door edge recessing beyond the front cabinet edge. If you set the front flange of the tank flush with the cab. front, or recessed only slightly, this will correct the edge contact.
Also, in some older homes around here (the warm-cold-warm- cold NE <grin>), I see homes (including my own old farmhouse) 'shift' enough in winter to cause cabinet 'reveal' lines and dishwasher cabinet alignment to move enough to cause door rubbing. Mounting a dishwasher out just enough to eliminate its door closing past the cabinet front will prevent this contact.
Hope that's of some help.
God bless,
Dave Harnish Dave's Repair Service New Albany, PA www.DavesRepair.com snipped-for-privacy@sosbbs.com 570-363-2404
Free home appliance tips from a 32-year pro repair technician! Get your monthly email newsletter here: (Back issues now posted too!) www.DavesRepair.com