Crickets ?

My shop is getting "overgrown" with crickets. Is there anything I can spray that will kill or get rid of them ? I spray for spiders and other bugs but it doesn't seem to affect the crickets. Anyone ? Thanks, Iowa883

Reply to
Iowa883

In article , snipped-for-privacy@netins.net says... :) My shop is getting "overgrown" with crickets. Is there anything I can spray :) that will kill or get rid of them ? I spray for spiders and other bugs but :) it doesn't seem to affect the crickets. :) Anyone ? :) Thanks, :) Iowa883 :) :) Lighting is usually what attracts them...sodium based lighting really makes a difference the numbers drawn in. It may be a blessing what you are using isn't killing them...every few years around here they get where you can clean them up by the trash can loads with a snow shovel...there is nothing that stinks like piles of dead crickets..especially when the shop owners use the water hose to spray the bodies off of the sidewalks.

Reply to
Lar

Go to a pet shop and buy a bunch of tree frogs. They will eat all of the crickets, get fat, and then you can cook the frogs up for dinner......

;-=]

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Call a local bait shop to pick them up !

Pan fish love crickets !

Reply to
barbarow

So, I guess there isn't really anyway to kill all these crickets and stop them from reproducing ? Thanks, Iowa883

Reply to
Iowa883

In article , snipped-for-privacy@netins.net says... :) So, I guess there isn't really anyway to kill all these crickets and stop :) them from reproducing ? :) Thanks, :) Iowa883 :) :) :) If they are all adult crickets, they can be flying from a good distance away...what you may be seeing flying around the lights in parking lots that you figure are moths, are probably crickets. You can treat the exterior doorways and in the corners of the store with insecticide that should help kill the ones that get inside.

Reply to
Lar

I never seen a cricket fly!

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

In article , snipped-for-privacy@telnet.com says... :) They are probably locust and not crickets. :) :) :) Nope, black field crickets...the ones that get in the homes and chirp all night. They are actually very good fylers.

Reply to
Lar

They are probably locust and not crickets.

Reply to
Dave

I had a big problem with those black crickets in my garage/workshop -- I started wondering if they like to eat sawdust; they had a habit of getting between boards in my lumber storage rack and being squashed between boards, staining them. I had to fumigate my garage on average a couple of times a year to control them.

Got rid of them by accident -- a neighbor, into organic gardening, introduced some geckos we previously didn't have around. They invaded my garage and I'd see them scampering around. At first I worried I'd poison the lizards when I set the foggers to kill the crickets, but after a while I noticed I wasn't having to set the foggers -- the crickets were gone. I can only assume the geckos have eaten all the crickets, and spiders, everything else that used to like to haunt my garage. I don't mind having the geckos in my garage at all.

Reply to
Robert E. Lewis

Don't kill the spiders?!?!?!

Reply to