creeping charlie

is taking over my lawn. would it be best to spray this autum or next sring? or both? thanks, cj
cj wrote:

Here's a nice article on how to control your pest. http://web.extension.uiuc.edu/champaign/homeowners/060601.html April - June appears to be the ideal time.
--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

Don't let it take over. If spraying in the autumn is supposed to do any good at all, I'd spray both times. What do you plan to spray with?
I think creeping charlie is the reason my little yard used to be flat and now is bumpy. Much of the stuff grew along the wall, so I didn't worry about it much, easy to rip out, but I think it was also growing in other directions.
You can rip out long "underground stems", I forget what the real name is (rhysomes?), if the ground is soft enough, but often they break in no more than 6 feet.

I don't know because I embrace it. The bees love it, it smells great when you mow it, and it makes a good medicinal tea high in vitamin C.
To me the epitome of summer is lying in a bed of 'Wild Thyme', as I have always [apparently incorrectly] called it and watching clouds.
Jim
Use a 2,4D based product and read the directions. It should say something like "Spray at any time that the plant is actively growing"

cj wrote:

creeping Charlie? First lay down some suppressive fire with the machine guns, and then drop the agent orange!
Clark...
--
Don\'t you have Google in your part of the world?

Is that the one with the psychedelic blue flowers in the early spring? The whole patch looks radioactive then?
On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 09:56:31 GMT, Anagram

I don't think my CCharlie has any flowers at all. It's a vine, right, and that's not unusual for vines, iiuc.
I now also have English Ivy, that finally reached my front door from the woods, and it's a lot prettier. I've been weeding out other weeds where the English ivy grows and they don't seem to come back. I may let it grow over the part near the front door that doesn't get much sunlight because it's on the north side of the house.
On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 09:56:31 GMT, Anagram

That might be 'creeping veronica'.