Cracked concrete.

I want to put carpeting over a concrete basement floor. The concrete has some random cracks in addition to the stress relief cuts. The cracks are up to 1/16" wide. The house is 5 years old. The basement is very dry.
Do I need to patch or repair the random cracks before I have the pad and carpet installed?
Many thanks,
Peter.

yeah or eventually the cracks will show up as marks in the concrete
Unless there's water or radon problems, just put in the carpet.

1/16" wide? With a good pad that will never show. I would be more worried about any bumps in the concrete.

a buddy of mine carpeted over small crack, within 2 years they could be easi;ly seen

I never knew I had a crack until I took up the carpet after almost 20 years.

Good thing the police didn't search and find your crack.
I just this week installed Ceramic tile over a 1/8 inch crack. I am just hoping it does not get bigger because if it does the tile will crack. This crack goes from one side of my house to the other, it starts in the kitchen, goes all the way threw the living room, threw the master bedroom closet and threw the master bath. In the Kitchen and master bath there was vinyl flooring and you could see the crack very much but in the living room and closet where there was carpet you could not see the crack at all. I say carpet over it and do not give it a second thought as I can no imagine a crack smaller than 3/16 of an inch showing threw carpet.
Joe

People use rubber between concrete and ceramic tile so cracks in the concrete do not transfer to the ceramic.