Cost vs. Value....

I have been trying to RATIONALIZE some on-going rehab projects to my spouse. This is an interesting article and data collection for rehab projects from people connected with property values.
http://www.remodeling.hw.net/content/CvsV/CostvsValue.asp?articleID !1765&sectionID3
While these values are for PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATIONS it does give you a starting point in your projections.
best Kent

She in that bad a shape?

http://www.remodeling.hw.net/content/CvsV/CostvsValue.asp?articleID !1765&sectionID3
The usefulness of the information varies though. What is the reason for the remodel? If it is to enhance re-sale value, it is probably good advice. What they do not consider is the enjoyment that the present owner gets once done. While a deck may only give me back 90% of my investment, the hours of pleasure of use are worth every penny even if it was 1% return.