Cost to replumb?

We just got a $3500 quote to replumb our 1927, pier and beam, 2 bedroom, 1 bath house in Dallas. Does that sound like a good price?
kATRINA

without a detailed breakdown of work to be done and materials to be used is just asking for bad feelings down the road.
What were the other bids (from contractors with good reps, not johnny-out-of-the-back-of-the-van) like?
A point that more owners should take to heart.
TB
On 7 Mar 2005 17:34:47 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net wrote:

And that point would be?

Yes, houses after 1930 will run over $4000. Good you got an early model.

This is typical for Southern California. I just got 4 quotes for a similar house and they were $2900-3600.
Dimitri

You can do it yourself for less than $500.

Only if your time is worthless.
Dimitri
For a 2-story slab house in California : one bid came in at $6900, one at $8200, and 2 at around $8900. One $8900 bid included type "L" copper pipe made in the US and a 50 gal water heater.
Get at least 3 bids and get references and make sure they are licensed if your state requires it. check them out with the Better Business Bureau.
Ron