corroded rain gutters

My rain gutters alot the roof are corroded or oxidized on the outside. Anyway I can clean then up ? I have tried scrubbing them with a green scrubbie and tried laquer thinner but no luck.
JillAdams wrote:

Wood, plastic, cooper, aluminum or what material? Painted or not?
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
sorry. they are metal like steel or tin about 1/16" thick painted white possibly enamel
Joseph Meehan wrote:

i really think your best bet is replacement.
JillAdams wrote:

I am with marson. I suspect that you are not going to be able to clean them. You would need to paint them. Getting the paint to stick would not be that easy and it is not likely to last as long as the original bonded coating. It can be painted, but it will be a lot of work.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit