Correction

Forgive me, but I made a mistake in an earlier posting. The corrected version follows:

I recently moved into a new apartment which had a very peculiar bathroom wall finish -- a sort of rose-pink in color, but seemingly given a thin coat of whitewash. Also, the surface is pitted.

I have a feeling someone spent a lot of money making this mess, and I'll have to spend a lot to clean it up. I doubt of a coat of spackling would do the job.

To see what I'm talking about, see this page:

Any ideas welcome.

Reply to
Ray Jenkins

It looks to me like they simply sponge painted some pink over the white painted walls (which look semi-textured to begin with).

You probably just need to give it a good coat or two of regular paint over it and see how it goes.

Reply to
Tracey

Have it skimcoated, you call it spackle, but joint compound will work. Wash it , sand it, then coat it and sand. You may want to get a pro.

Reply to
m Ransley

Pitted as in spray on/knockdown dry wall texture? That's what it looks like, sorta, hard to tell because there is nothing for scale and the photo is fuzzy.

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

For gods sake, the man just said it was pitted, so it's a texture finish. What's so bad about it? Why don't you just paint it as is?

Reply to
jeffc