Copper Pipe Question

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

The only way insulation could solve the problem is if the pipes are VERY short, and the water heater has no heat trap at all.
Bert Byfield wrote:

How do you know it 'needs' replacement? Looks tarnished?
--
Van Chocstraw

I used to replace mine every two years because of tarnish. Now I have a cleaning service come in twice a year to polish it. save money in the long run.
Bert Byfield wrote:

It's not a bad idea to take 3/4 to the last "T" in the system , then take the last two branchs on in 1/2" . BUT do keep in mind, that on the hot side, you'll be slowing down the hot getting to the fixture.
You might have to call the public services department in your town, and get 3/4 inch water instead.
More seriously, it will make little difference, except.... if there is a long run of pipe, or lots of elbows and shut offs, the 3/4 has lower resistance to flow. And it will take longer for the hot water to arrive.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus