converting Sprinklers to Drip [water pressure?]

there seems to be more than one way to do a sprinkler to drip conversion
If I use existing sprinkler head locations, with a large number of drippers, extensions, etc, do I need to reduce the water pressure at this location; see photo
Or, can I try it without reducing the pressure, and see how it works, around the many plants?
[also, should I install a filter at the main, in photo?]
http://i.imgur.com/PMWt1QQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LlRlLpc.jpg
thanks marc