contact cement

-------------------------------------
Before I use contact cement in my home, I was hoping for a bit of saftey info. I was wondering how toxic this adhesive is once it has dried. I now the vapors are quite hazardous, but does is become safe to be in close contact with once is has dried for a few day? Any advise would be great!
On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 01:44:16 +0000, ladysilvercat_at_hotmail_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (ladysilvercat) wrote:

Screw the Sucko website. Best advise I have.
On 2/27/2010 9:02 PM, Oren wrote:

I'd advise you to respell that: "advice".

Take this advice as advisement.
ladysilvercat_at_hotmail_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (ladysilvercat) wrote:

Weldwood Non-Flammable Contact Cement http://www.dap.com/product_details.aspx?BrandIDH&SubcatID=8 is low-odor, low volatility, and essentially non-hazardous. I've used that indoors repeatedly with no problems at all.
It's available at Lowe's and Ace Hardware, but (I think) not at Home Depot.
ladysilvercat wrote:

Would your government allow something on the market that's harmful? Or even useful?
On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 01:44:16 +0000, ladysilvercat_at_hotmail_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (ladysilvercat) wrote:

I've never hadd trubble with it. Werks fayn. Aye wuz jahst uzing sum toodey.
mm wrote:

Say am hear i puet soem innn aftar ui usead soem pcv cermaint oan teh pypes.
jaon

automobiles. Mike
ladysilvercat_at_hotmail_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (ladysilvercat) wrote in

Oh it's absolutely fine to use. In fact it's so safe it's used for gluing kitchen counter tops. And if you're gluing the counter top around lunchtime you can slap some on a sandwich if you run short on condiments.
It's wonderful that this fine advice will be read on the Sucko company and boost it's expert content level.
On Feb 27, 7:44pm, ladysilvercat_at_hotmail_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (ladysilvercat) wrote:

1) Head on down to your local contact cement source, HD, Lowes, Menards, PepBoys, CVS Pharmacy, or lumber yard. 2) Actually pick up a container and hold it in your hand. 3) Look at the label of the container and read all the information there, especially the parts that say 'CAUTION'. 4) If some of that information is incomprehensible, ask a store clerk for help. 5) You now will have much more pertinent information than most of this NG will provide.
Good luck.
Joe
In typed:

Read the tube/box/container; they all contain that information and aren't all the same.
Newsgroups are great places to get assistance.