Construction Crane Question

There's a construction project going on next to my office. They recently used a big yellow moveable crane to construct a fixed tower crane, picture at
http://s1346.photobucket.com/user/pavel314/media/photo_zps76182e18.jpg.html?filters [user]6208277&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0
What's the advantage of the fixed tower crane over the moveable one? I suppose it's because it can lift and lower things anywhere in the site without needing wide open spaces to get close enough, but thought someone here may have a better answer.
Paul

Better power to weight ratio seems the chief benefit, and might mean lower operating costs as well.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

The reach, load rating and the fact that most tower cranes can build themselves up much higher than a mobile crane.