Considering buying a Stump Grinder

Hi -

I own a home with a large lot in Tallahassee Florida. I have about 300 trees of varying sizes. I have rented stump grinders in the past and have enjoyed using them. Now that I am retired - I am considering buying a stump grinder to help clear my land and also two a little part time work with the stump grinder. I have a truck to haul it.

Do any of you own your own stump grinder? Do you have any tips for me on buying one and using it. Like I said - I rented a few in the past and enjoyed stump grinding and enjoyed the results of my labor.

If after using it a while and decide I do nto want to do it anymore - I would simply sell it locally or on ebay.

I would appreciate any advice on stump grinding.

Thanks,

Harry

Reply to
harry

Sometimes business insurance takes all the profit out of the job. But, it sounds like a neat idea.

I can't be a lot of help. except to wonder if any of the other tree guys in your area might give you some pointers?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon