Connecting bottom plate to concrete

I'm contemplating finishing the lower level of my bi-level. What's an easy way to connect the bottom plate of a stud wall to the poured concrete floor? I know there are a lot of different methods. The contractor who built my home just drills a 1/4" hole through the plate into the concrete and drives

2 8 penny nails into the same hole. Seems like an easy solution.....any better ideas out there?
Reply to
Rod Dahl

I've done this. Also put a bead of Liquid Nails on the bottom of the plate. Smurfdad

solution.....any

Reply to
Smurfsdad

Reply to
Greg

easy way - Ram set powder actuated tool. If you don't have access to a ram set than just use a hammer and masonry nails. A real good way are tapcon masonry screws. Drill and drive.

Reply to
calhoun

Hi, Concrete nail or power ram set.(you can rent one) Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Liquid nails and concrete nails, and a BFH to drive them in! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

I bought one of those guns with special nails and little .22 bullets. You put a nail in the gun - put a little brass shell in the chamber. Press the gun against the 2x4 and WHAM - it drives the nail thru the 2x4 and into the concrete. Works first time every time. Harry

Reply to
Harry Everhart

What's an

Small capacity rotary hammer & Hilti Quik Bolts (or equal). Just drill, blow, hammer & tighten; done.

Bob

Reply to
BobK207

I use PL Premium and then a Hilty gun to drive some nails in there.

Reply to
gary