Connecting bottom plate to concrete

I'm contemplating finishing the lower level of my bi-level. What's an easy way to connect the bottom plate of a stud wall to the poured concrete floor? I know there are a lot of different methods. The contractor who built my home just drills a 1/4" hole through the plate into the concrete and drives 2 8 penny nails into the same hole. Seems like an easy solution.....any better ideas out there?
I've done this. Also put a bead of Liquid Nails on the bottom of the plate. Smurfdad

my
drives
solution.....any
I like the shot pin gun but you can use 2" masonry nails and a bead of construction adhesive. If you do use a shot pin gun use hearing and eye protection! Those puppies are "gunshot" loud and occasionaly spit out a spray of concrete chunks.

easy way - Ram set powder actuated tool. If you don't have access to a ram set than just use a hammer and masonry nails. A real good way are tapcon masonry screws. Drill and drive.

Rod Dahl wrote:

Hi, Concrete nail or power ram set.(you can rent one) Tony

Liquid nails and concrete nails, and a BFH to drive them in! Greg

I bought one of those guns with special nails and little .22 bullets. You put a nail in the gun - put a little brass shell in the chamber. Press the gun against the 2x4 and WHAM - it drives the nail thru the 2x4 and into the concrete. Works first time every time. Harry

What's an

concrete
Small capacity rotary hammer & Hilti Quik Bolts (or equal). Just drill, blow, hammer & tighten; done.
Bob
I use PL Premium and then a Hilty gun to drive some nails in there.