Condensate Puddle On Basement Floor ?

Hello:
Never thought about this much, but am now curious.
Live outside of Boston; have had several real hot and very high humidity days in a row.
Have a substantial puddle on my basement floor. Pretty sure it is condensation.
Is this likely water condensing from the air against a colder basement floor ?
Or, is it possibly water coming up, somehow, thru the concrete floor ? Or,... ?
It's funny in a way, as the basement air is fairly cool, not hot and sticky like the rest of the house - that's why I was wondering if it might be coming up thru the floor ?
Our hot air furnace has the Evaporator section for the house A/C and a drain pipe to the outside, but it doesn't seem like it's coming from the furnace, but the puddle is close; perhaps ? Is this a "likely" possibility ?
Thanks, Bob
If your drain pipe from your blower is going uphill to the outside, see if it is coming from a condensate pump and if so, check the pump

Robert11 wrote:

If you have very cold water pipes and run a lot of water they will sweat and drip. If so, insulate them the best you can.
The cement would have to be cold top the dew point, which could happen. Try Meehan's test. - udarrell
--
Optimizing Air-Conditioner Efficiency
http://www.udarrell.com/air-conditioning-efficiency-btuhr-evaporator-coil.html
Robert11 wrote:

Try taping a piece of foil or plastic wrap to the floor near the spot. Does moisture form under it or on it? If neither tape it over the spot.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit