Concrete staining

I have some exterior concrete that I would like to stain. Some of it has been stained before, and is faded. It is an off terra cotta color. The other is fresh and has nothing on it.
I know there is an art to doing this on nice new slick concrete, but how about outside where it doesn't make a great difference? Where can I go for a simple how to? All the sites I went to assume you know how to do it, and want to sell product.
Steve
Steve, you can go to youtube. There are some great videos by reputable professionals. Another good source for information is http://www.thestampstore.com /
--
DanG