Concrete Slab Glue Down Vapor Barrier?

I need some guidance from the group. I have an existing slab on grade and I'm hoping to install engineered wood flooring. Most likely glue down. I received some advice from an installer to glue down a vapor barrier underlayment first then glue the wood flooring to the vapor barrier. Sounded strange to me. He said there was flooring underlayment
product intended for the job....but I have not found anything yet. Any suggestions? thanks Mark
There is NO glue down engineered wood flooring for slabs.
Its a floating floor...

First step: have you ascertained that the slab is suitable for this application?
For example the manufacturers of engineered flooring designed for adhesive application to concrete slabs ("glue-down" floors) generally recommend that these not be installed to a slab unless it has a *measured year-around* moisture content below 4-5% (see the manufacturer's specs for the specific product you are considering), which renders many slabs at or below grade unsuitiable for this floring method.
Michael Thomas Paragon Home Inspection, LLC Chicago, IL mdtATparagoninspectsDOT

Do a floating floor. Glue down on concrete is risky. Yes, you need a barrier.
I used www.mannington.com and it is very good after 3 years.

I glued solid floor down. I didn't use a vapor barrier as my concrete was dry and I live in an arid part of the world (plus the suppliers said not to bother due to my location). Anyway, Bostic's makes a membrane that you trowel on before gluing etc... I believe it's called "Bostic's MVP". Cheers, cc