Concrete Siding?

I was discussing an upcoming project with some friends. I need to replace the siding around my chimney.
One of them said that he had used concrete (?) siding on one side of his house. I'm certain he wasn't talking about stucco because he said so.
Have any of you heard of this? Do you know what he's talking about?
Thanks in advance.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

-------------------- http://www.google.com/search?as_q=concrete+siding
Many houses are being built with Hardi-plank, or Hardi-siding. Also used as backer-board for tile installation. Go to Home Depot and ask about it. The stuff is great.

look for fiber cement siding. James Hardee is a big name in the field. Tom Baker
snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net (Tom Baker) wrote in

side
because
about?
We just did our garage with Certainteed's "Weatherboard" product, which is a fiber cement siding made to look like cedar lap. It's relatively easy to work with, takes paint great, and looks much better than steel or vinyl, IMO. We're very happy with the product and are looking forward to it lasting for the 50 years of warranty coverage.
_Derek