Concrete driveway/barrier cost

We just received an estimate of $1000, not to have a concrete driveway poured (we already have one), but to have a low wall (more of a curb) poured to line the driveway and prevent water from leaking onto the driveway from a berm (we live on a very sloped lot and need to have the wall built to route the drainage).
The wall/curb will be 6 inches high and 6 inches wide. It will extend another 12 inches in the ground (with rebar) to hold back the water. It will be about 35 feet long.
We have no idea how much this "should" cost (yes, we will be getting more estimates), and I'm sure no one has had the exact same thing built in their own yard, bu I would like some idea of how much it costs to have concrete work done in general. Thanks in advance!

Locally it might be less than your area, but it would be about $300 for material and maybe $500 for labor. But we have sand, and I'm assuming access for equipment and not hand digging. So your estimate of $1,000 wouldn't be too unusual.
Of course, you already realize that any price you get here is irrelevant unless it happens to be a concrete contractor who's in your area...
Jeff
Do you have any idea how hard it is to read a post that is one long run-on sentence?
you got about 42 cu. ft. of concrete to do the job...3 X 3 X 3 > 27 cu. ft. = 1 cu. yd. you need about 2 yrs. of concrete.. call up the