concrete and heat

I've seen Dukabour ovens that are made of stone and cement. A fire is lit inside them to heat the entire dome before they slide the bread loaves inside for baking. I'm thinking of doing somewhat of the same thing, but with concrete blocks and mortar....and maybe some poured concrete as well. It would be for a different purpose...more of a natural smoker. Is there a special concrete mixture that holds up to heat? In general how does concrete stand up to heat. The most extreme heat would be limited to the fire box and the air would be vented to the smoker where temps would be around 200 degrees. Ivan

would
Any reason you'd not want to use fire brick in the fire box portion?
No reason at all. I would be open to that.

where
wrote in message

blocks
where
And maybe some soapstone
Spud wrote:

What you're after is called refractory cement.
Okay thanks, I'll do some studying up on refractory cement. Ivan

Google around for alumina cement. Here is one site: http://www.cement.bluecircle.co.uk/global_apps/con_lig.htm
we had to use some for the floor of an epoxy oven that baked epoxy inside oil field drill stem. Really set up quick, barely got it out of the concrete pump once it started to go. Interesting material. Contact a large local concrete company or boiler repair company for information about refractory cement, fire brick, etc.

fire is lit

loaves
concrete blocks

be for a