Compare Goodman Heat Pump Systems at www.acOverstock.com

Im a do it yourselfer and trying to replace my complete air conditioning system with a new Goodman Heat Pump system from acoverstock.com. I have 2100 sqaure feet and have a 2.5 ton system in there now. Its 15 years old. Not sure if I should get a 3 ton or a 4 ton unit from www.acoverstock.com.
Both are good prices. Anyone have any thoughts on which air conditioning system is better? I live in Nortgh Carolina
There's also a YORK air conditioning system that acoverstock.com offers. Price is better but warranty on goodman heat pump is better.
http://www.acoverstock.com/complete-air-conditioning-systems/heat-pump-system/york-guardian-13-seer-3-ton-r-22-complete-heat-pump-system.html
http://www.acoverstock.com/complete-air-conditioning-systems/heat-pump-system/goodman-13-seer-3-0-ton-complete-system-with-heat-pump.html

never go larger on ACs. They need to run to dehumidify.
Plus newer units are more efficent.
Do upgrade your insulation if possible
bob haller wrote: ...

How do you know the unit he has is properly sized?
Efficiency doesn't matter on rating, btw, only on input required for the rated output.

If you aren't qualified to install it then you aren't qualified to make such a decision. You need to consult the person who would be installing it.

3 or 4 ton, dont guess get a load calculation done. If 3 is right 4 will leave you humid, maybe 2.5 is right and 3 will leave you humid and damp all summer, pay someone to give you one in writing.
On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 16:44:54 -0400, Warren Catrell

Nice try Warren. Your bullshit attempt at advertising is very weak and lame. It must really suck to have to rely on advertising in a newsgroup to try and get business. Maybe next you could post down at the local gay bar. Bite Me. Bubba
How do I do a loa calculation on my own? Is there a software? I dont mind paying a couple bucks to get it done but I wanna get teh right system. My installer is not buying teh system. I am saving $1800 buying it myself. Thats not nothing in terms of savings. I got 4 bedrooms, 2100 sq feet. Got an old 10 SEER r22 system in there now. Wanna go to 13 or 14 SEER and maybe 3 tons should do it. Im not changing ducting any, but all the copper needs to be replaced.

http://www.acoverstock.com/complete-air-conditioning-systems/heat-pump-system/york-guardian-13-seer-3-ton-r-22-complete-heat-pump-system.html
http://www.acoverstock.com/complete-air-conditioning-systems/heat-pump-system/goodman-13-seer-3-0-ton-complete-system-with-heat-pump.html

I would want it from a pro in writing, im sure you can try to do one yourself and it may possibly be right.I made this mistake by getting mine verbaly sized by my installer and mine is oversized to the point I need to run 2 dehumidifiers in summer sometimes, I could have paid less for a smaller unit but now I paid extra for dehuimidifiers and pay extra in electricity to run dehumidifiers.
On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 03:26:26 -0700 (PDT), ransley

Please dont fall for Warrens spamming bullshit attempt at advertising. He has lame advertising and can only afford to do it here for free. He assumes several names and is a LIAR as his post about a do it yourselfer wants you to believe. This was NOT a do it yourself project. It is merely his feeble attempts at advertising. Bubba
Usenet convention defines spamming as excessive multiple posting. I asked one question. In one news group. Hardly spam.

I don't think this guy is spamming for that company. I’m in the web biz and I did a spyFu.com analysis on the overstock company and they're spending a boat load on Google clicks. Also I did one of those alexa.com checkups and the overstock company is the fastest growing company rated in 3 months
I saw this guy, whoever name he goes by, in other other newsgroups doing the same thing,.. he does it with different companies so you know he’s not paid by that company. And I checked that company too and they are legit contractors with A+ rating so I think what this guy, or these guys are doing is testing usenet indexing. When I ran a test this overstock company is spending $15,000 or more a month on Google alone so there is no way they would have some turd like this post one or two ridiculous spam posts and that's all. I ran a search and only found the overstock deal posted in one other newsgroup but also found same guy talking about the overstock companies competitors, alpine and acirect, as well. So you KNOW he isn't being paid from what I can tell. He testing the waters of some sort and we are taking his bait by answering to him which is bringing importance to his thread! We need to simply KILL/Ignore, that's all.
Vance, Knower of All things Web
On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 21:18:17 -0400, Vance The Knower

Well..................You sure made this no fun. :-) Bubba
Warren I checked out acoverstock.com and ran their D&B and looked at their BBB record and I think you can tryst these guys. Also I checked out some of their overstock equipment and seems legit. I dont think I can get a price that low on some of their overstock heat pumps or gas furnacs.
I looked here http://www.acoverstock.com/system-components/furnace-prices/gas-furnace.html?additional_benefits 4
So
good luck and keep us posted how it turns out

http://www.acoverstock.com/complete-air-conditioning-systems/heat-pump-system/goodman-13-seer-3-0-ton-complete-system-with-heat-pump.html

You can get a good deal from online but teh warranty is what you gotta worry about. Warren, there are a few load calculators online, but you should have a pro do it
I checked out http://www.acoverstock.com and it looks like they are licensed contractors so they should be able to help you out, no problem. Try http://www.mrhvac.com/loadcalcshortform.htm
thanks for the link http://www.mrhvac.com/loadcalcshortform.htm I am stubling through it!

Well if you decide to go with an HVAC company and are in the FAY area I can recommend an honest & competent (25yr owner) family business. Have used him in 3 places over the past few years. Has recommended "It's in good shape. Just annual check is all it needs" as well as "The AC is dead, furnace is righbehindit and new system would be crippled by using old ductwork design.".