Combining extension cords?

Page 2 of 2
mm wrote: >

Aye, what's the dealio with that, anyway? I don't think I've ever come across a little bathroom/space heater that didn't get the plug uncomfortably warm, if not downright hot.
Seems to be a pretty big safety issue that isn't addressed.
Jon

excessive contact resistance in the plug/socket. and often,the wire just as it exits the plug molding gets flexed a lot and individual strands break and the wire loses current capability.
I like to use medical plugs.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik