columns

There are two columns in front of my house. I am thinking of replacing them myself. The columns are made up of 1/2" plywood sheets. The exterior is stuccoed. The dimensions are 18" square x 60" tall. The plywood sheets are around a 4x4 post. My questions are: 1. How are the plywood sheets attached to the 4x4 post? 2. Is there roofing felt around the plywood sheeets? I think the stucco contractors apply the stucco over roofing felt or waterproof paper and chicken wire.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
azazel scratch