Colored metal halide bulbs

Anyone seen one of these on:

Its a blue light (actually clear white glass, pic is colored wrong), but I don't know if its supposed to be vivid blue, or just a bluish white color. Anyone know?

Reply to
dean

Maybe the picture is not wrong; if it is a reasonable representation of what the consumer should see, or experience.

The site did say...

Additional Info: CLEAR - BLUE LIGHT OUTPUT

-- Oren

Oren

I know its wrong, but 'clear' usually means colorless when talking of such things, which is really annoying. But you are right, I called them and they said the glass is blue.

Reply to
dean

That sounds unusual to me...

There are colored metal halide lamps ("lightbulbs") that involve the specific metal halides chosen to be ones that specialize in production of colored light.

Green and blue ones do that fairly well, with halides of thallium and indium respectively.

A major manufacturer of these is Iwasaki or "EYE".

Don Klipstein