cold-temperature thermostat

I need a thermostat with settings near the freezing point. I would set it near say 35 to 40 degrees F so that it could control an electric space heater to maintain a temperature a little above freezing. Hopefully it wouldn't cost more than about $20. Can anybody point me to something like that? Thanks.
Matt wrote:

Controlling what voltage, amperage or mechanic device?
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Matt,
Mr Meehan's questions are apropos. Assuming we're talking about 120 v with a fairly low current then a refrigerator thermostat would work. Head to the dump and see what they have. If the thermostat won't handle the heater's current draw then a simple solenoid circuit using the thermostat will work but may cost more than $20. $20 is a low budget since you will want to put this in an insulated box to prevent accidents.
Good luck, Dave M.
Matt wrote:

http://www.littlegreenhouse.com/accessory/controls.shtml
Travis Jordan wrote:

Thanks. That heating outlet is about what I need, but the 45 degree turn-off temperature is probably too high.

I bought one at the autoparts store for $25. It is adjustable from 30 to 150 degrees and comes with a 12 v relay which you don't have to use.
.
Me wrote:

Thanks. What is it called and what is the approximate automotive application?