cold microwave

Page 3 of 3

Mark wrote:

They're so cheap these days. Even if it is repairable, I'd replace it if I need it. Only thing any ome can check is fuse inside and door interlock switches.
Mark, 1/16/2010,5:34:01 PM, wrote:

Unfortunately finding the replacement size has NOT been easy. I have been to WalMart, BestBuy, Home Depot, Lowe's. I bought one at Lowe's today but the wife is unhappy with it. Opening is 24Wx11Hx13D. It is the depth that is the problem. Somehow the old microwave was big enough to accomodate a full-sized plate but the newer ones that fit aren't.
badgolferman wrote:

If it's not a door safety switch it could be an inline fuse. The only way to change the fuse is to take the cabinet apart. You take it to a repair shoe and they change the fuse for you and charge $300.